Adventures in Hanalei

We made it to Kauai! We have already been here for 2 weeks! What a beautiful island this is! Look at these views of Hanalei Bay.



One of our favorite places is the Hanalei Pier. The stand up paddlers are always out there on the water.

Ethan LOVES the water and playing in the surf! (The wetter he can get the better!) 
Izzie is content just playing in the sand!

I love this picture. They were both tired after a long day.

This picture was taken one day while we were waiting for our lunch...Mermaid Izzie

This guy was our lunch date. He ate french fries. I wonder if he would've eaten chicken?

Whale watching. This lookout is about a half a mile from our house. 


I run by this lookout on most days. I still stop and watch each time. They are amazing creatures!  I wish we could've got the pictures when they were out of the water. (Next time)


This is where one of the rivers flows into the ocean. There is always something to explore here.

Lydgate Park has the coolest play ground! It is huge! On the other side of the road is the ocean. There is a lava rock wall that shelters from the big waves and creates a "kiddie pool" area. Great place to get used to the ocean.

I am so grateful to be here. It is nice to be in the "mission field" again! Hanalei branch has about 75 active members. Last week coming home from church Ethan said, "There are only 9 kids in the WHOLE primary!" We were able to have the missionaries over for dinner last night, in Utah, we rarely even saw the missionaries. Having them here reminded me of the members on my mission and the experiences and good times I had as a missionary. I am so glad our kids will be able to make great memories here!
Aloha!

1 Response to "Adventures in Hanalei"

  1. Candi Says:

    Hi there! WOW! What a beautiful place to live. In church on Sunday you were released from your calling. I had kind of thought your family had left, but I really didn't want it to be true. Sure enough...I check your blog and this is what I discover. You will be missed (not just the wonderful hand-me-downs :) I hope all is well and keep posting this beautiful pics. I'll start checking more often. Candice