Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day weekend! It started Friday morning at Ethan's school. Each of the kids made a placemat, gift and a lei for their Mom. The 2nd graders put on a wonderful program and pot luck. 

This was the finale of the program. Enjoy.


Over the years, Mother's Day has always been kind of a sad day for me....I have a GREAT Mom, but I have always been a bit selfish about this day, since we struggled for so many years with trying to have babies...This year, it hit me, we celebrate Mother's Day to honor our mothers, not because we are mothers! Duh! I know, I am a little slow. (Although, the fact that I have children helps too). The talks in church were good, and it was just a nice day. After church there was a pot luck put on by the men. And yes, pot lucks are BIG in Hawaii! Hope you all had a nice weekend and Mother's Day too.

Aloha!

2 Response to "Mother's Day"

  1. Terilyn Says:

    That was the cutest song!! I have tears in my eyes! I hope you did have a great Mothers Day! I know I'm a good mom because of my Mom!!! Love Ya

  2. Candi Says:

    Thank you for sharing your feelings about Mother's Day. I hope you had a wonderful day.