House Guests

About once a week we find a new house guest...some of them are welcome, like this little guy...

We have found several of these geckos, I think they are really cute. This one jumped from my hand onto Izzie's tummy right before their picture was taken..totally freaked her out, but it had to be one of the funniest things I had seen in a loooong time! ( :

And some of them are NOT so welcome...like goko buties...cock roaches. Pest control is a good business to be in here. We really don't see them that often, but we still keep those traps around and that seems to keep them at bay!  (Not trying to scare any of you from coming). It is just part of the island life. I have yet to see a big centipede though, we have been warned they hang out in the coconut trees...

Aloha!

2 Response to "House Guests"

  1. Nurse Heidi Says:

    Lizards! So cool!! As long as they're not in the bed :). The other bugs and critters I could totally do without, though... Looks like you've got a great little place there. I can't get over how lush and green everything is. Especially as I look out on my (currently covered with a new blanket of snow) brown grass.

  2. Robin @ Bird On A Cake Says:

    I can relate, pest control is a thriving business in Florida too! I despise cockroaches - the ones here are huge! But it makes Brynn very happy that she can catch lizards on our front porch. :0)