Pumpkin Patch Palooza

Every year we take the kids to the local pumpkin patch. Normally, we get a wheel barrow and big clippers and walk through the patch and cut our own pumpkins off the vines. This year the pumpkins were already cut and lined up in rows, ready to be chosen. We still had a great time!

The kids both enjoyed the corn maze. (Ethan did it several times!) 

The farm had a row of old & newer tractors lined up, the kids had to try them all out.  




I love this time of year! It makes me want Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. 
Here is our favorite recipe for them:

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 eggs
4 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
2 cups chocolate chips
*Sift dry ingredients together. Blend in butter with fork until mixture is broken down into small lumps. Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

1 Response to "Pumpkin Patch Palooza"

  1. Robin @ Bird On A Cake Says:

    I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies too! I made some a few weeks ago. I compared our recipes...I use 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar. I also add 1/2 tsp. each of nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Helps give them that pumpkin pie flavor!